September 1, 2008

Surreal

This would be a good way to describe my life right now. I don't really know how to explain it. I have never felt more in the center of God's will. Being in Budapest is such a culmination of God's plan in my life over the past few years. I'm not gonna lie, I cried when I landed. It is amazing to be part of a journey that I have not determined. I truly feel like He is saying "this is the way, walk in it." So, back to the surreal part. Things here are so natural, I frequently find myself forgetting I am in a foreign place. I, of course, miss my friends and family, but I just feel incredibly at home here. It just is right. I guess you call that confirmation, and I am immeasurably thankful for it. I do wonder if a day will come when I realize I actually am 4000 miles away from the "home" I have always known. For now, I feel blessed and privileged to serve in my new home.

No comments: