December 26, 2010

Snow, Snow, Snow (Yes, this is a "White Christmas" reference...one of my faves)

 A few of you have sent me questions to answer on my blog, so thank you!  If you haven't sent a question yet, keep 'em coming!   I will start answering questions next week!  On this Christmas weekend, I wanted to point out a funny thing that happened Christmas night :)  You may have seen me mention on facebook that it occasionally snows in our bathroom.  Well, keeping with tradition, it snowed quite a bit on Christmas night, and that snow came right inside.  For you doubters, I even attached pictures.  Because of the sheer amount of snow getting in, I went to our landlord and asked to show him the problem.  As soon as he came in, he just started saying over and over "Jesus and Mary" (this is my rough translation guess of Jezus Maria).  I then proceeded to have a conversation with him in Hungarian about solving the problem (keep in mind I speak little to no Hungarian :).  As far as I can tell, he said he would come this morning (it is 1pm here and no sign of him yet).  All that to say, hopefully soon it will no longer snow inside the bathroom.  I love it on the outside, but not so much in :)  As I have considered this situation, I feel like my response normally would have been aggravation with this inconvenience, but I just can't help but smile when I think about it.  I guess it is just one of those enjoyable little quirks of living in a foreign country.  Enjoy the pictures and I hope it brings a smile to your face too!  Merry Christmas!  Boldog Karácsonyt!
Snow in the Window Sill

More Snow in the Window Sill
Snow on the Bathroom Floor

More Snow on the Bathroom Floor

Even More Snow on the Bathroom Floor (Note the great help the towels were...not so much)

Snow where it belongs...in our courtyard

View from our Front Door

Our Shared Patio

No comments: