January 17, 2011

Random Pictures of a Random Life

So, I am trying to become a regular blogger.  Thanks to my wonderful friend Sharon, I have been somewhat successful so far.  Then the other day I was thinking...what do I do when I have nothing left to say (like that would ever really happen:)?  I decided to start taking random snapshots that have a funny or personal meaning to me.  So here is the first picture.  Yes, it is a bathroom hand dryer.  I love bathroom hand dryers!  Not necessarily because I am "going green" or just like warm hands.  The main reason that I like them is because no matter where I am in the world, they make me feel a little closer to home.  Let me explain.  There is this company called World Dryer and I have discovered they have somewhat of a monopoly on hand dryers around the world.  I have had the blessed privilege to travel many places and I often see the World Dryer on my many escapades.  Whenever I do a smile lights my face when I see the place of origin: Berkley, IL.  That is right.  Whether Europe, or Dubai, or South Africa, I can always find a little slice of the good ole IL!  So enjoy the picture.  This one happens to be taken at West End Mall in Budapest where we went ice skating with the youth group last Sunday...
The World Dryer

Shout out to IL!

2 comments:

L.M.L. Jeffrey said...

Kim...I love this blog! I hope Sharon manages to keep you at it. It was so great! Now I too will look at World Dryer's...but will not think of my homeland..I will think of YOU! XO Lisa J.

Unknown said...

Kim... How halarious - I have noticed the same thing with World Dryer. Your blog and comments brings back good memories of the wonderful Christmas Eve we spent with you. What a great hostess you were!