January 31, 2011

Shake it Up!

This past Saturday evening I was sitting in a lounge on the 9th floor of the Marriott in downtown Budapest.  Suddenly it felt like the building was being blown back and forth.  In my logical mind, I couldn't  comprehend how a structure such as the building I was in could be swayed by even the strongest wind.  I could not figure it out, so I moved on and attributed it to my own sleepiness.   Then I started to see the facebook posts.  It was an earthquake!  Who knew Hungary had earthquakes?  Not me!  Anyways, after looking through the news, I did find a small article on it, so click here if you are interested in reading more!  This is the first earthquake I have ever experienced.  Stay tuned next week for a story of me, four other girls and a very small Italian elevator!

No comments: