August 9, 2008

Kim the blogger?

So, this is my first ever official blog. It is all very exciting. I am hoping to use this space to share what the Lord is doing in Budapest, Hungary and what is going on in my life! For those of you who are not aware, I moved to Budapest to teach Social Studies and Special Ed. at the International Christian School of Budapest (ICSB). I arrived here on Monday August 4th, and am still adjusting to the fact that I now actually live here and am not just visiting for a short time. My first week was filled with sleep, buying stuff for my house (which was already pretty well furnished), dinners with other ICSB staff and new teacher orientation. I have already met some really wonderful people and am looking forward to meeting more! I am also trying to learn "get by" Hungarian. Yesterday was our first chance to learn and practice at the local market. Let's just say the Hungarian people have been very gracious :) I have pictures of my house to post and I will also be posting pictures of the city. We are going downtown today to sightsee and learn the public transport. I will post more later about downtown experiences. Blessings,
Kim (am I supposed to sign a blog? I don't really know how this works)

5 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Kim~

Your new home in Hungary looks very nice! It was great to see you last Saturday. I am glad to hear your trip was uneventful. I am looking forward to reading all about your experiences in Hungary. This is my first comment on a blog too!

Love You, Aunt Karen

David said...

I added your blog to my reader. SO far you're already posting more often than I do!

Anonymous said...

It is great to see you made it okay and that you seem to be settling in. You have been on my mind a lot this week wondering how you are doing. I am praying for you. Love, Amanda

University of Iowa Meg said...

Your house looks beautiful! Love the Audrey Hepburn picture in your room- with pink walls even!!! Good luck!
Love,
Meghan

Unknown said...

Kiddo,

Best of luck with your first day tomorrow. I know you will do great. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I am so proud of you.

Aimee