August 19, 2008

Week in Review

Hello again from Hungary! Things are going very well here. This past weekend I got to have dinner with a Hungarian family that works at the school. We had goulash cooked over an open flame! Yum! I also got to go down for the chain bridge festival. We listened to some authentic Polish, Ukranian, and Hungarian folk music. I also got some great pictures of the chain bridge at night. Monday and Tuesday consisted of staff orientation. Today we spent most of the day scheduling for the supplemental services department. It has been exciting to learn about many of the students I will be working with! Tonight was orientation. It was great to see a large portion of the ICSB community. I got to meet many of my students and there parents. God continues to amaze me with the people here. They are so kind and welcoming and thankful. My classroom is all set for the first day of school this Thursday. Tomorrow is Saint Stephen's Day. This is a MAJOR holiday in Hungary celebrating the coronation of their most famous king in 1000 A.D. We will be going downtown for the Red Bull Air Show and fireworks! I will post pictures of that amazing feat soon! Feel free to post questions if you ever want to know more!

The Ukranian Folk band

Buda Castle

Chain Bridge festival

Chain Bridge at night

My fav pic :)


No comments: