May 8, 2009

Africa Fair

I love Africa. I have only been there once, and only to South Africa, but it is such a fascinating place to me. The Lord has really given me a heart to pray for this continent. Who knows, maybe someday He will even send me there. For now, I at least got to teach a unit about it. In World Problems, we do a short unit looking at the different issues facing the continent today. The culmination of the unit is when the students hold a fair showing research they did on a chosen topic. This year's seniors did a great job and I was so proud of them. They looked at issues such as women's rights, piracy, water scarcity, river blindness, child soldiers and much more! Here are a few pictures of the fair, presentations and the many visitors we had! For those of you who have never visited ICSB, the fair was held in our High School Chapel.










3 comments:

David said...

Did you tell them about the cheesy basic?

Kim said...

AHHH...Friends'n Blends...you will always have a special place in my heart...Remember that time we jumped in the car and just went there leaving everyone behind?

David said...

Yes. I think we still made it back in time for the 17th chorus of "I am a Friend of God."