May 12, 2009

I am NOT a Public Speaker

I know, I know...all three of you who read my blog find this hard to believe. After all, I am a teacher and an extrovert! I do like to "speak" in general, but not in front of large crowds of people. I somehow manage to frequently put myself in uncomfortable situations though. I am a missionary, so last summer I had to get up in front of the church and share before my commissioning. I literally thought I was going to hyperventilate and die up on that stage. I even had friends up there with me! It is really just embarrassing. Why does it have to cause such fear and anxiety? So, I just finished writing a mini speech about one of the senior girls for "Senior Tribute Chapel" tomorrow (yes, at 11pm the night before..we can talk about my procrastinating habits another day). I only have to talk for two minutes and I have it all written out, and yet I find myself getting that twisty feeling in my stomach already. Ridiculous. If anyone reads this before 9:30 am Hungary time, I would appreciate your prayers. It is clearly time to get the focus off myself and my worries and onto what the Lord has for me. I just had to vent about the irony that I could lecture for hours on civics, history or economics, but I get butterflies thinking about blessing a student that has been such a blessing in my classroom this year. Figures.

No comments: