May 11, 2009

Staff Farewell, Musical, Senior Day, Senior Trip...AHHHH!

These are just a snippet of May in Budapest for me. Tonight we had our staff farewell. That was after a three hour musical practice and a full day of school. Good times. I am one of those people that thrives on busyness. I would be bored if I wasn't constantly going. Thankfully, ICSB helps me out with this dilemna. So, the staff farewell is a time when we get together to say goodbye to those who are moving on. We also honor those who have been serving at the school for a significant amount of time. It was great to celebrate those who have served so faithfully over the years. I didn't mind the ice cream sundaes either ;) This week is also the big musical performances. We have been preparing for a couple months and the weekend is finally upon us. We have dress rehersals every night and performances on Friday and Saturday nights. I think the show is going to be really great. I am so thankful for the students who the Lord has raised up to be a part of this. There is just so much talent! As I mentioned in an earlier blog post, the goodbyes have started in the ICSB community. One way we send off the seniors is with Senior Day. Basically, we take the seniors out of school for a day of fun and preparation for life after ICSB. This year the festivities will be held at my house. I can't tell you what day this is happening (on the very slim chance that a senior reads this), but please be praying that the Lord would use this time to help bring closure for the students and ready them for the road ahead! I will post some pictures after the big day! Then, in a little over a week we leave for Cyprus for the senior trip. I am really looking forward to this time with the seniors. It also will be "okay" to be in Cyprus "I guess" ;) So, the busyness continues, but so does the Lord's faithfulness in sustaining me! It is hard to believe all the wonderful blessings I have been able to experience during my first year in Hungary! I look forward to what the Lord has in store in the future!

No comments: