May 6, 2009

Can't sleep...

...so I think I should probably blog. It is May. That means lots of different things here in Hungary. May Day, spring flowers, gorgeous weather, and the end of a school year. It is hard to believe I have been here for almost a year. To say it has flown by would be an understatement. I have been blessed by the classes I have had the privilege to teach. The only downside of teaching such a great curriculum is it goes by too fast. Recently I have been thinking a lot about goodbyes. I have been told multiple times that I need to "say goodbye well" and do all these "steps" to make it easier. The thing is, goodbye is still goodbye. I know that the Lord brings people into our lives for short moments for a purpose. Sometimes it is still sad to let them go. I think of the seniors I have taught all year. They truly are a great group of kids. They will be scattering throughout the world to study, work and serve. I am excited to see what the Lord has in store for each of them, but sad for the loss to the ICSB community. I also think of the teachers, friends, who will be leaving. Some of them are entering a world of uncertainty, but stepping out in faith and obedience. I am challenged and encouraged by their faith. Goodbye in this context is a new phenomenon that I thought I was more prepared for. I was probably wrong. Thankfully I serve a God who is bigger than my worries and struggles. I am thankful for that and thankful for the time I have been given with such a wonderful group of students and friends. I am also excited for the new opportunities God will bring this fall for friendships and connecting with students I don't know. My prayer is that I would not linger behind on what has gone before, but look ahead at all the possibilities!

No comments: